Website Privacy Statement
iConversing LLP respects your privacy and we are committed to keeping your personal information and other data confidential and secure.
When does this Website Privacy Statement apply?
This Website Privacy Statement explains the approach taken by iConversing LLP toward the personal information and data that we collect about you (“Your Information”) when you visit this Website, electronically respond to our online advertisements or when you send us communications via any computer, mobile or other similar electronic devices (“Device”). It does not apply to information we collect in other ways e.g. when you are dealing with our staff over the telephone.
This Website Privacy Statement is limited to information and data collected on this Website, our online advertisements and electronic communications. Our Website Privacy Statement does not apply when you leave our Website, including third-party websites where our online advertisements are displayed or links to third-party websites which we do not operate or control. Please read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of these third-party websites and decide whether they satisfactorily protect your rights.
You consent to our use of Your Information and Cookies
What information do we collect about you?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your Device when you visit certain parts of our Website or click on our online advertisements. Cookies and similar technologies are used to identify your Device for the following purposes:-
Strictly necessary cookies. These essential cookies are set throughout our Website and are required for the operation of our Website to:
- allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser;
- temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our Website to avoid having to re-enter that information;
- temporarily identify your Device after you have logged in to a secure page on our Website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
Analytical/performance cookies. These are used to help us improve our Website by:
- tracking your visits to our Website and recognising your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to:
- to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language and region) so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to the Website;
- personalise our Website content for you.
Targeting / advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the website links you have followed. We use this information to:
- make our Website more relevant to your interests based on your past visits to our Website;
- tailor our online advertisements or offers on our Website or third-party websites which are most likely to interest you;
- evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising campaigns.
The above cookies may be placed on your Device by us or by third parties on our behalf (for example, advertising service providers like Google and DoubleClick and other service providers for web analytics).
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to ‘not accept’ cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on our Website will not work properly.
There are sections of the Website where we ask for personal information, for example, when you complete online forms to submit an enquiry.
If you contact us via email, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How we use Your Information
We will always treat Your Information as confidential. We will use good practices to keep it secure and will otherwise abide by the relevant data protection and privacy laws.
Using Your Information – Purposes
If you provide Your Information on the Website in relation to any product or services, or send us an electronic communication, we will use Your Information for the purposes (“Purposes”) of providing and operating the product or service you request or responding to your electronic communication and for other related purposes that may include:
- following up on any product or service application which you have shown interest in;
- updating our records about you;
- complying with laws or regulations;
- research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our products and services;
- handling queries and complaints.
Please ensure you also read the Terms and Conditions applicable to these products and services.
We generally do not use Your Information collected on this Website for marketing purposes but if you apply for products and services on the Website, Your Information may be used to inform you about other related products and services of iConversing LLP that may be of interest.
Retaining Your Information
We will retain Your Information for as long as the Purpose for which we collected it continues. It is then destroyed unless further retention is required to satisfy a legal, regulatory or accounting requirement or to protect our interests.
Privacy, security and communications using the Internet
- The Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.
- Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. As a result, we do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of Your Information in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
- In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorised activities, we reserve the right to monitor all Internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of our domains.
Changes to our Website Privacy Statement
We update our Website Privacy Statement from time to time and ask that you regularly check this Website to make sure you are familiar with the most recent version.
This Website Privacy Statement was last updated on 28 April 2014.