- Marketing budgets remain steady at >10% of company revenue, 50% of companies plan an increase in 2015
- 79% of marketing departments continue to hold a capital budget, primarily for marketing technology investments
- Digital advertising is again the highest area of digital spend (13% of budget), with content marketing and website development tied for a close second (12% of budget)
- 68% of companies still keep a separate budget for digital marketing, which comprises 1/4 of total marketing budget, on average.
- Customer experience was the top marketing technology investment, averaged 18% of total marketing budget in 2014, and is ranked the #1 innovation project for 2015
- 63% of marketers list digital advertising as a source of marketing P&L revenue, followed closely by digital commerce and the sale of data.
- 43% of marketers say connecting with customers is their biggest challenge – followed by serious competition (36%) and revenue/profit growth (33%).
- Mobile advertising and digital advertising will see the highest digital spend increase in 2015, followed by analytics and social marketing.
- >70% of companies are funding digital marketing by squeezing spend, reinvesting savings and justifying incremental investments.
What are your company’s digital advertising spend for 2015? Will you be heavily increasing spending for mobile?